[ale] LTS doesn't always mean LTS

James Sumners james.sumners at gmail.com
Wed Apr 27 08:22:19 EDT 2016

I use RHEL because I have to. I completely understand the staleness. I use
more repositories than epel and maintain my own rpms (1,2,3 and more)
because of it. But I wouldn't use a distro whose first order of business is
"desktop Linux" with a "server" flavor tacked on as an afterthought to get
away from the staleness. I'd put up with CentOS's package lag before that.

If you're willing to use a moving target, then go to the source and use
Debian's testing tree. Or Arch. Or Void. Or, and I can't believe I'm saying
this one, Gentoo.

[1] -- https://github.com/jsumners/failover-lb
[2] -- https://github.com/jsumners/ucarp-rpm
[3] -- https://github.com/jsumners/tomcat-rpm