[ale] VOID linux, was: Re: Origins of Linux, do we care?

Steve Litt slitt at troubleshooters.com
Thu Sep 24 19:14:47 EDT 2015

On Thu, 24 Sep 2015 17:08:26 -0400
James Sumners <james.sumners at gmail.com> wrote:

> You should _*not*_ be using cfdisk on a disk that has data you want to
> keep. It is a destructive partition editor. Unless you typically
> leave a lot of unpartitioned space on your disks, you'll have to
> delete at least some or all of your current partition map to create
> new partitions. It will ask if you _really_ want to do that, and you
> have probably (correctly) said "no." And that's the "failure" -- not
> destroying your data.

True. And I'll bet, with the disk all carved up already, Paul could
simply skip the partitioning step of the void-installation menu, and
get on down to assigning mountpoints and formatting.

SteveT

Steve Litt
August 2015 featured book: Troubleshooting: Just the Facts
http://www.troubleshooters.com/tjust