[ale] VOID linux, was: Re: Origins of Linux, do we care?

Paul Cartwright pbcartwright at gmail.com
Wed Sep 23 19:31:47 EDT 2015

On 09/20/2015 12:40 PM, Steve Litt wrote:
> Void has really sucky documentation, making it almost impossible to do
> it right the first time. So when (notice I don't say if) your Void
> install fails to reboot, what you need to do is once again boot from
> DVD (or in qemu from a .iso file), mount, chroot, and do your best to
> check out your grub.

I tried to install the I686 void on my older laptop that is dual-boot
XP/Ubuntu. I have an existing /dev/sda2 "/" and /dev/sda5 /home.
when I got to the part about void partitioning. I selected sda2, and
whether I selected format or not, every time I said OK, it flashed to a
terminal window with an LVMetads error... something about it being
locked & needed to be restarted.. not sure how I could do that in the
middle of the install script.
it failed.
I've never heard or seen about lvmetads before, google wasn't much help.
This is an older laptop, no gpt or UEFI.. just BIOS.
so far I have downloaded & run the void MATE live ( runs in a vm on my
current desktop) and enlightenment live which runs on my X86 laptop, but
so far won't install..

--
Paul Cartwright