[ale] Turn-key backup software

Steve Tynor stevejunk at iintiip.com
Mon Sep 21 12:11:34 EDT 2015

Others have already recommended Backula for which I've always heard good
things.  I've been using an alternate "backup to disk" server on my home
network for years - and couldn't be happier:

     http://backuppc.sourceforge.net/info.html

It's actually quite easy to configure and supports all the OS's we're
running (Linux, OSX, Windows).    It's quite good at managing disk
resources (compressing backups by pooling files that are common across
backup sets) and has easy to configure scheduling.

Backula may be a better enterprise solution for work, but I've been very
happy with BackupPC for my home network.

Steve