[ale] Origins of Linux, do we care?

Solomon Peachy pizza at shaftnet.org
Fri Sep 18 11:38:48 EDT 2015

On Fri, Sep 18, 2015 at 11:16:40AM -0400, leam hall wrote:
> Do we care?
>
> https://www.cs.cmu.edu/~awb/linux.history.html

It's not much of a history if it was written on July 31, 1992.

> systemd bothers me at a visceral level. It really does seem like an MS
> minded beast controlling a Linux shell; a monster from horror films. It
> looks like Linux and we are supposed to just like it? If we like systemd,
> why care about Linux at all? Why not just do Windows and totally succumb?

Are you seriously saying that the epitome of a proprietary, closed,
vendor-specific system is somehow comparable to a solution that is not
only (vastly) technically superior, highly customizable, and provided
under a Free Software license?

...So what exactly are you basing your feelings on here?  Be specific.

 - Solomon
--
Solomon Peachy        		       pizza at shaftnet dot org
Delray Beach, FL                          ^^ (email/xmpp) ^^