[ale] Need help with backup postgresql system

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Oct 27 15:36:53 EDT 2015

On 10/27/2015 03:14 PM, James Taylor wrote:

> I have a client that needs help setting up redundancy/fault-tolerance for his postgresql installation.
> He would like to pay someone to come out and set it up and let him watch and ask questions.
> I can forward contact information off list if there is an interest...

Training always triples the effort, IME.

Had a client try to watch me work once. Told them they made me nervous
and I couldn't work at all. Sat there doing nothing for 5 minutes until
the 3 people left. I'd flown 14+ hrs the day before to get there, so jet
lag was definitely involved. After they  left, the first task was to get
English system messages. ;)

Every location is a little different and I'd have to refresh my postgres
skills on-the-job. That wouldn't be good for any client to watch. I
could keep notes and provide a walk-thru AFTER, however.