[ale] best way to copy 3Tb of data

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Tue Oct 27 11:13:56 EDT 2015

No, what happens with ssh is that the local rsync launches a remote rsync command and the two rysnc commands talk via the rsync protocol. If fact, there's an option on rsync "--rsync-path" where you can give the remote location of rsync. We sometimes specify a script in place of the rsync executable so we can call nice and ionice on the remote side ahead of the executable.

Scott