[ale] best way to copy 3Tb of data

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 11:06:56 EDT 2015

The slowdown is the encypt/decrypt. The non-server method relies on ssh for
transport. You can also use rsh for no security at all and it will be
faster. By using the rsync server, you drop the ssh security so if the user
must enter credentials to access the NAS, you might want to double check if
the rsync credentials are sent as plain text in the same way as ftp.