[ale] best way to copy 3Tb of data

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Tue Oct 27 09:46:59 EDT 2015

Rsync doesn't require an rsync server. It provides a solid backup. Rsync it
back and it's all golden.

Tarball will need enough space to be built or will need to be built 'over
the wire' using a tar|<transport method>|tar process. Second optional.

Tar is faster but rsync is easier.

A 4TB external hard drive and sneaker net also works and provides
verifiable copies. Rsync to a local drive is fast especially with an
external sata port.