[ale] Fwd: HDMI out from lubuntu box to jvc television

William Wylde durtybill at gmail.com
Tue Oct 20 09:05:54 EDT 2015

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: William Wylde <durtybill at gmail.com>
Date: Mon, Oct 19, 2015 at 12:13 PM
Subject: HDMI out from lubuntu box to jvc television
To: Atlanta Linux Enthusiasts <ale at ale.org>

Picture is great- with the exception that everything looks like it's a
720x480, but the actual resolution is 1920x1080.  Anyone know what causes
this, and how to fix it?  It looks fine after tweaking with the much-better
equipped nvidia tools they make for windoze, but as I don't want to expose
the windoze installation (dual boot unit) to the network beyond steam and
the gaming I do through it, I want my linux partion for daily use like
email, social nitwiwtting, etc.

Anybody got any clues?  Hey, can we put attachments to the list?  I've
never tried.   I'll give a screenshot a try...

I guess not... ha.
“Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people
always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too, can
become great.”

― Mark Twain