[ale] lsof and a hung system

Lightner, Jeff JLightner at dsservices.com
Mon Oct 19 19:33:11 EDT 2015

I hate to ask but did you use the force option when trying to unmount the NFS mount?

Have you tried stopping nfs.client?  autofs?  (nfs server if running?)

For what its worth I've seen this kind of hang on a heavily loaded server (used for backups with NFS mounted deduplication appliances)  and have actually seen it clear after a few minutes for brief periods.