[ale] Text compiler

Calvin Harrigan calvin.harrigan at gmail.com
Sat Oct 10 17:14:34 EDT 2015

Hi all,
     I've been looking for a tool that I can only describe as a text
compiler. The basic feature would be the ability to use something like
includes within a template file that references external files and
compile an output file that would be the amalgam of the text in the
template and the text of the referenced files.  Have you come across
anything that does this?  I've turned up at least one candidate, but was
hoping for some more ideas.  I guess I can code/script something up, but
time isn't on my side. Especially if it has been done before.

Thanks