[ale] CIFS mount issue

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Oct 6 07:21:01 EDT 2015

On 10/05/2015 10:58 PM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> Patched on Saturday. Rebooted  most of the machines, because they needed it.
> 3.13.0-65-generic
>

>> Any recent kernel upgrades?  Did you reboot on or around Saturday?
>> There was a similar kernel bug in 3.13.0.36.  Might be a regression.

Went to bed last night with this broke.

This morning, copied the script to a different machine, changed the mount
location to be /mnt/win7 - and it worked. Reran the original, unchanged, script
on the problem machine - and it worked.  <palm to forehead>

$ df .
//172.22.22.8/Data  101G   22G   80G  22% /Data/win7ult

I hadn't changed anything. Nothing was restarted or rebooted overnight.  Stuff
like this drives me nuts.  Plus, I firmly expect the issue to return in a few days.

Microsoft! <with fading echoes>

;)