[ale] [90dw-lcthw] Updated the README file

Horkan Smith ale at horkan.net
Fri Nov 27 12:54:28 EST 2015

I can help answer occasional questions or provide some direction, but I sorry to say I have too many things already on my plate to be a true mentor.  Maybe if there are a few others who also have the knowledge but not the time, we can share the effort and not hold you back.

I originally learned C in classes at Tech in '87 or so and have used it most of my career; but the last 5-10 years I've been in more of a lead / architect role, so I'm pretty rusty and may be out-of-date with newer approaches.

FWIW, my first languages were Apple Basic and Pascal, then C.  I've always found my best asset to be an understanding of how the code is actually executed by the machine - how do the stack and heap work, how arguments are passed during function calls, etc; but in turn I sometimes have trouble with higher level languages until I can figure out how they actually implement a feature I'm not familiar with.

later!
   horkan