[ale] [OT] Anyone up for a 90 Day Wonder Challenge?

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 12:50:24 EST 2015

A leader/teacher who is conversant in C is needed. Any volunteers?
Etherpad can be used as a group code page/scratch pad.
I'm interested as well. I think the only C book I have is K&R. Oh. I
found some others: 4th ed C reference (Osborne) and an old course book
"Problem solving & program design in C" and O'Reilly "Practical C
programming" and "Mathematical functions in C" (I have that in fortran
as well).
On Wed, 2015-11-25 at 12:25 -0500, Boris Borisov wrote:
> I'm for the idea. Someone should lead though or just set the goals
> for next week.
> On Nov 25, 2015 11:53 AM, "leam hall" <leamhall at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Hey Boris!
> >
> > One of the biggest challenges learners face is encouragement.
> > Others are accountability, feedback, and resources.
> >
> > So our "weekly meeting via electrons" might be me saying my goal is
> > to work on Chapters 5 and 6 for the book I'm in. I happen to know
> > those two chapters are memorization so it's a matter of making and
> > using flash cards. Next week you ask me how well I did on my goals.
> > We congratulate each other for doing well, make new goals, and
> > enjoy life.
> >
> > What if we don't make our goals? Okay, we set new ones based on
> > what we think is reasonable. If we get really stumped by a problem
> > we can talk it out to see if that helps us get past the hurdle, or
> > we can go research what char **s[] means, or whatever. Having
> > others to help and encourage seems to help people learn.
> >
> > Make sense? I'm sure we can find some folks here who could clarify
> > things for us but I think we will make better progress if we
> > struggle together a little before reaching out.
> >
> > Leam
> >

> > On Wed, Nov 25, 2015 at 10:04 AM, Boris Borisov <bugyatl at gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> > > How do you see this join learning to take place. Just asking. I
> > > could join for learning not relearning.

James P. Kinney III

own tail. It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain