[ale] OT: media box

Boris Borisov bugyatl at gmail.com
Wed Nov 25 09:24:51 EST 2015

We have discuss did in he past but lets go one more time. What would you
get for media box at home? I had different dedicated media players and now
I have windows PC which is no longer capable with running my kids games :)
While the E8400 CPU is capable of running 1080p content and the box itself
is relatively low noise for a desktop, still the box is huge and power
consumption is also factor.

So I'm thinking of going green of sort.

I have one multimedia android 4.0.4 box which has Ethernet and WiFi. WiFi
sucks big time and cannot hold connection. Also some apps works fine some
does not when playing multimedia content.

Idea is to get one of very small factor PC. I was looking at Zotac mini PC
forms.

Which one would you pick. Brand, form factor, CPU/GPU, even running OS ?