[ale] Systemd and cygwin

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed Nov 18 07:25:01 EST 2015

Systemd is an optional dependency of GNOME.

And it makes higher level management easier.

I am sick of the bullshit ignorance here and everywhere on this. It's a damned useful tool which simplifies many tasks all across the IT board.

Show me another system where with nothing more than an extra keyboard and mouse and monitor, and one single command, one workstation can become two.

Show me one use case where logging more information with additional security controls available is bad.

Remind me again why reducing several code paths into one more easily maintained one is bad?

And why is a simple config file harder for you than a turing complete shell script? Do you hate the 1kb reduction per executable to eliminate the double fork tty disassociation hokey pokey, too? Or the consolidation of common functionality in now nearly universal shared objects?

Nah. Don't waste the time. I won't have the give a fuck to read it anyway. If you want to walk uphill both ways to work in six inches of snow, don't use a major, audited, supported distribution in your work. Simple.

Jesus.

Sent from my iPhone