[ale] Failing external drive. Planning to DD the failing drive to new external drive. Help please

dev null zero two dev.null.02 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 12 12:57:23 EST 2015

Oh, guess they resumed development awhile back. I'll give it a whirl again
but most of the additions seem superfluous tho imo (encryption,
compression) . I can't even tell if they added the option of a log file.
that's invaluable in ddrescue as drives sometimes require power cycling to
continue recovery.

Sent from my mobile. Please excuse the brevity, spelling, and punctuation.