[ale] Separate instance of google chrome

Chris Fowler cfowler at outpostsentinel.com
Wed Nov 4 12:20:18 EST 2015

Anyone know how I can run a totally separate instance of google chrome that is not related with my current instance?

I need to test a web app as a user in a different timezone. I tried

env TZ=US/Pacific google-chrome -incognito

This ran as incognito, but going to a website running javascript showed I was still in US/Eastern.
I don't need incognito anyway, I just thought that would do it.

Temporarily I started firefox using the same command and since firefox was not already running it was in PST.

I thought I read that in my home directory I could set up a new profile and run a new instance of chrome on that profile.