[ale] Red Hat bought Ansible

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Tue Nov 3 10:01:20 EST 2015

I think it is all in what you need out of it.
I don't want tight control/management of the system.  I pretty much use it as a setup tool.
For example, I clone a new VM, bootstrap it against SUSE Manager (Spacewalk), then add it to all my config channels, and push files.  Those being:
/etc/banner
/etc/ssh/sshd_config
/etc/postfix/main.cf
files needed for LDAP config
Etc...

Beyond that, I mainly use it for centralized patch management, and the ability to arbitrarily push scripts or install RPMs.

I just use the config channels to get a standard baseline initial config, then use it to run scripts and patch my systems.
--
Allen Beddingfield
Systems Engineer