[ale] LPT1 to Bluetooth

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Sat May 30 14:56:58 EDT 2015

Either look at the source or use strace. Find the fd used as /dev/lp0 (available at runtime in /proc/$PID/fd) and see what system calls are performed on it using grep on the strace output.

If ioctl appears, you'll need the shim. Otherwise a symlink will do, if only open/close/read/write and related system calls are used.

If you need more detailed support or need to outsource the task, it'd be possible to contract myself or another experienced individual or business to help you. The time required to assess will be determined by the design of the application. However most of the time you'll only see the ioctls at initial open and configuration of the device unless the app reconfigures it dynamically at runtime.

Sent from my iPhone