[ale] thunderbird- and Aplay

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Fri May 29 19:48:16 EDT 2015

Lxde as the name says is a desktop environment. It used to use metacity as window manager I think, by default. But you can mix and match.

Mutter is the gnome 3 window manager, while kwin is the KDE one. They're both also compositors (well, growing into them) for Weston window management.

Enlightenment is a desktop environment with its own fancy window manager. It was always the shiniest of the options. Don't know if that is still the case. But it did sure kick ass on a 486 back when they were popular.

Openbox, fluxbox, windowmaker, twm, icewm, are other examples.

Sent from my iPhone