[ale] thunderbird

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Fri May 29 13:04:38 EDT 2015

On 05/29/2015 12:35 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> On 05/29/2015 09:18 AM, Michael Trausch wrote:
>> It is still this way. However most of them deeply hide the settings. If you
>> asked Linus, he'd say use a good old-fashioned version of KDE 3 if memory
>> serves.
> I used to use KDE, then kde-trinity.. now MATE. But I did use, & tweak E16
> long ago.. awesome, but last time I tried it, it hosed my install..
>

>> You may want to try the latest Enlightenment. They might not have rid the
>> environment of its config tools yet. They used to be the most tweak able.

I don't think any of those are WMs. They are DEs. That is too high a level. You
need to figure out which window-manager is running and tweak it.

fluxbox, openbox, twm, fvwm, ... those are window managers (WM).
lxde, xfce, kde, gnome, cde, mate, ... those are DEs which run on top of a WM.

I was joking about fvwm - though I do use it occasionally still, more as an
example to show youngens that we had fancy stuff (opaque windows, virtual
desktops, custom menus, plugins, etc) in the mid-1990s for just a few hundred KB
of RAM.