[ale] CentOS 6.6 Kernels?

Preston preston.lists at gmail.com
Wed May 20 12:17:11 EDT 2015

On 5/20/2015 10:52 AM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> I had assumed that when a 6.x release happened, a new, patched kernel would be
> included.  I didn't expect to have the 6.0 kernel with security patches. Just my
> ignorance, I completely understand "why" - nothing against RH or Cent.  This
> does explain why Cent has so much trouble on laptops, however.
>
> The Ubuntu way goes WAY to far in the opposite direction for my tastes.  They
> don't even bother for a "stable" kernel release (even), not even for their LTS
> releases.
>
> Not having kernel surprises between releases will be nice.

In their effort to support more recent hardware Ubuntu is maintaining
their own "LTS" kernels which is alright I suppose, but I prefer the
accepted stable kernel. That said, I'm used to apt-pinning on my Debian
systems so it hasn't bothered me.

I've come to like CentOS and now almost don't get ashamed to say it in
public places. The 7 release has been really nice for my needs, although
I still struggle with SELinux since I've not had time to devote to that.

Preston

--
Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter and those who matter don’t mind.
-Dr. Seuss