[ale] Kiosk slideshow with reload

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Wed May 20 10:32:28 EDT 2015

The flicker is caused by fbi doing ioctl to unset graphics mode on the try and restoring the text screen, followed by starting again and reissuing the graphics mode ioctl.  Can be witnessed even on modern machines.

You can however save slides in framebuffer format and use a c program or script of some sort to mmap the framebuffer and dump them one after another. Without translating pixels as a requirement, it's as fast as memcpy.

Sent from my iPhone