[ale] KVM and Cisco

Chuck Payne terrorpup at gmail.com
Fri May 15 00:12:57 EDT 2015

Guys,

I might have sent this before, so sorry, but Cisco is driving me crazy.

We are currently upgrading out network gear, which is a mix Cisco Small
Business and Netgear Smart switches. We don't have any vlans. Our KVM
servers are working with them with no issues.

We purchased a couple of Cisco 2960-x switches. We  were trying to move a
couple of our Red Hat KVM servers to it, but we are having issues getting
the bridge device to work the same way.

The first thing we noticed is that the switch turn off the port when w
e hooked up the bridge port to the switch. We found out that it was cause
by bpdugard.  We disable able and the bridge was able to connect aand we
could connect to the bridge of the server from other boxes, but we could
not connect to any of the guest on the that bridge.

Now, when I am KVM host, I can ping the guest. When I am the guess I can
ping the host bridge ip.

Example

Host Br3  10.0.0.10  < - - - - - - > 10.0.0.12 Guest eth0

External Box 10.0.0.5 ---> 10.0.0.10 Host xxxxxx 10.0.0.12 Guest

Guest 10.0.0.12 --> 10.0.0.10 Host xxxx 10.0.0.5 External Box

Here what bridge control show

bridge name	bridge id		STP enabled	interfaces
br3		8000.d4ae52a5feb2	yes		em2
							vnet19

On the switch I have turn on spanning tree hoping that would help.

Is there something I need to do on the KVM side? Do have to set the
port maybe as trunk? I am total lost, sorry I am not Cisco Guru. I
know someone has ran into this.

--
Terror PUP a.k.a
Chuck "PUP" Payne

678 636 9678
openSUSE -- Terrorpup
openSUSE Ambassador/openSUSE Member
freenode(irc) --terrorpup/lupinstein
Register Linux Userid: 155363

Have you tried SUSE Studio? Need to create a Live CD,  an app you want to
package and distribute , or create your own linux distro. Give SUSE Studio
a try.