[ale] CentOS repositories question

parspes parspes at gmail.com
Sat May 9 17:45:46 EDT 2015

 On Thu, May 7, 2015 at 5:21 PM, Beddingfield, Allen <allen at ua.edu> wrote:

> Do the /centos/6/os/x86_64 and /centos/6/updates/x86_64 repos have all of the 6.x >updates, or are these just for the 6.0 release?
>
> Do I actually need to pull down a separate set for 6 through 6.6, if I have systems at all >those various releases, or will pulling down just 6 cover it?

 Most of the repos carry a separate branch of updates for each 6.x
release plus the current (6) release. Just pulling down current (6)
will update your systems all to the latest release + updates. You
would only want to use the other branches if you are holding some of
your systems back at an older minor release version (non-current)