[ale] 10G networking

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Fri May 8 14:48:49 EDT 2015

Is there such a thing as a 10G SFP+ module that has an RJ45 socket instead
of fiber? Not a direct copper link but for cat6/6e/7 ethernet cable.

Looking at a few 10G switches and Netgear has a 12 port 10G with rj45 that
way affordable but my existing gear all uses sfp+ lc fiber.

The new NetworkManager in centos 7 support link aggregation directly with
very cool failover and high bandwidth methods that are supportable in the
switching I'm looking at from supermicro (24 port 10G all sfp+ for under
$6k).