[ale] CentOS repositories question

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Thu May 7 18:34:54 EDT 2015

Sometimes 3rd party code is only validated for a particular base release. I see that as basically BS as the core of the release is fixed in time and security and bugs backported.

That said, I've been bit too many times by crap using a bug as a feature and the fix breaks the app (everything java comes to mind). That's what QA is for but lots of smaller shops basically do devel on production setups. Devs have fun but the admins get run ragged.