[ale] KVM, the vm install on SLES and the port issues

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu Mar 12 06:21:25 EDT 2015

Or run a desktop Linux inside a VM, load x2go and use that as your management
interface from whatever OS you like with x2go client to connect to virt-manager.
There must be 20 ways to skin this cat with X, vnc, virt-manager, x2go, freenx,
Or load a small distro under virtualbox on Windows, load virt-manager into that
and manage your VMs that way.

There must be other ways too ... oh - and CLI interfaces.

I have to say, I'm laughing a little ... feels like vsphere all over again,
except this time is isn't a $130 Windows desktop license+install that is
mandated. I suppose it isn't THAT funny if you are a Windows shop.

I rarely use the console access for any VMs. Really just during installs. Once
that is done, it is ssh or x2go for me.  The setup of new VMs is where
virt-manager makes life easy.  Starting and stopping existing VMs is easily
handled through ssh/CLI controls.