[ale] KVM, the vm install on SLES and the port issues

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Wed Mar 11 09:25:08 EDT 2015

That is NOT true.   libvirt is a C/S architecture that runs over SSH tunnels. If
you have libvirtd and openssh-server on the hypervisor and your userid on it is
in the libvirt group, you are done.

virt-manager runs from a linux desktop client and can be trivially configured to
connect to the remote server.
https://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/13/html/Virtualization_Guide/chap-Virtualization-Remote_management_of_virtualized_guests.html
has steps. Most of what they show is related to ssh.