[ale] Linux Bind9 and Windows .local dns?

LnxGnome lnxgnome at hopnet.net
Mon Mar 2 13:53:07 EST 2015

.local is a concept of multicast DNS.  If the host.local speaks mDNS, it
should be responding to those replies for itself.  This works find for a
small shared LAN.

If you have a distributed / firewalled network that isn't passing mDNS
between segments, that is probably causing your problem.  In this
situation, don't use ".local".

--LnxGnome