[ale] OT: Android bug

James Taylor James.Taylor at eastcobbgroup.com
Mon Jul 27 16:05:22 EDT 2015

One the first things I do with my android is to remove hangouts and reinstall the old messaging app.
But then the only google apps I have on my phone are the play store and required services. And they stay frozen except when I explicitly turn them on for a specific purpose, then refreeze them.
It's not paranoia even when they aren't out to get you. Just because it's a by-product of their business plan doesn't make it less damaging.
-jt

James Taylor
678-697-9420
james.taylor at eastcobbgroup.com

>>> Brian Stanaland <brian at stanaland.org> 7/27/2015 1:34 PM >>>
http://www.npr.org/sections/alltechconsidered/2015/07/27/426613020/major-flaw-in-android-phones-would-let-hackers-in-with-just-a-text

This looks like a bad one.

Brian

--
"Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new." -Albert
Einstein