[ale] [OT] I have more Linux desktops/monitors - coming to Atlanta soon

Beddingfield, Allen allen at ua.edu
Mon Jul 27 15:27:46 EDT 2015

Some of you have bought used/refurbished computers to run Linux on in the past, so I thought I would send this out to the list.  If interested, please reply off-list.

I’m going to be headed over to Atlanta for a few days week after next, and I have more computers with and without LCD monitors.  They would be great for a second (third, fourth, fifth, twentieth?) computer to run Linux.  Most are HP and Dell business desktops, with Core 2 Duo, Pentium D, or similar CPUs.

Specs:  Dual core CPU, 2GB of memory, 80GB hard drive.

Tower only - $60.00

Tower + 17/18” inch-ish LCD, keyboard, and mouse - $90.00

I have a few systems with different specs, including some workstation class Xeon systems, for more.

I can load the latest version of openSUSE on there for you, or another distro if you prefer.

I will be over there for a few days, staying part of the time downtown (near CNN), and part of the time closer to Sandy Springs or Buckhead.

I really need to get some of these cleared out, so if you need another Linux computer (or several!) let me know!

Please reply off-list if you are interested in a system, and we can work out the details…

Thanks.

Allen B.

--
Allen Beddingfield