[ale] group merger ALE + GA400-Linux

Jim Kinney jkinney at jimkinney.us
Wed Jul 15 07:38:18 EDT 2015

Meetup is a commercial entity. While I don't yet put them in the same category of yuck with facebook, the data collection they can do is horrendous.

However, the number of people willing to attend a meeting has climbed since basically using meetup.com as an advertising platform. So it's doing what is needed.

But, yeah. Things are changing. ALE is on life support from a formal, monthly meeting standpoint. The mailing list is rather quiet lately.

Oh. I'm officially the ALE 'Grand Poobah'. JD put it on a meetup page and it stuck :-).  Visions of Fred and Barney going to a water buffalo lodge meeting come to mind.