[ale] OT: OT: sending money overseas

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Thu Jan 8 11:26:59 EST 2015

On Thu, 2015-01-08 at 10:56 -0500, JD wrote:

> On 01/08/2015 10:42 AM, Lightner, Jeff wrote:
> > Not sure about "channel" so far as Hulu itself goes.  As noted I’m actually
> > getting the Hulu program via Comcast's internet site.
>
> So ... magic incantation ... "hulu it crowd" found it.  Odd.
>
> 4 brit-seasons for free and 1 "season 6" special, also free on hulu.  No need to
> sign in or pay for anything.
>
> If you work in IT (especially corporate, desktop support), you NEED to see this
> show to get 50% of all the jokes told by your peers. ;)
>
> I get the feeling the "what channel is this" question was meant as a joke that
> folks missed - I know I did.
>
> During my last trip to London, I was surprised to learn that Doctor Who wasn't
> on TV 24/7 ... actually, it wasn't on at all the week I was there. Not once.
> However, I did snap a photo of the TARDIS outside Earl's Court station, after
> walking passed it for 3 days and not noticing it was there. ;)

I was lucky enough to be in London last year on my birthday. Also
happened to be the 50th anniversary show of Dr. Who. I was in Trafalgar
Square about 2 hours before the show aired in London (it was the setting
for the opening scene for those that didn't see it). There were many,
many places, pubs and movie theaters, holding special simulcast showings
of the special episode.

In the US, when the episode was shown 3 or 4 days later in select
theaters around the country, more people attended that one time show
than subscribe to Comcast cable TV.

I have a particular striped, very long scarf. Should have worn it today.