[ale] PATA to SATA adapters?

Pete Hardie pete.hardie at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 09:44:32 EST 2015

That's one I had not seen - I'm thinking of this type:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812119257
(but not that particular one, just the fastest example Google returned)

Please post your results - if that works, it looks easier than the type
I've been looking at

On Wed, Jan 7, 2015 at 9:26 AM, Paul Cartwright <pbcartwright at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I have one on order now from Amazon...
>
> I think this is what you mean...
> http://www.amazon.com/dp/B000UO6C5S/ref=pe_861660_118320330_fxm_4_0_n_id
>

> > Anyone had experience with such a device?  I have to replace a drive
> > on my ReplayTV box, which uses IDE
> > drives only, and while I have an old desktop which still uses PATA, I
> > will probably forget this fact and toss it out at siome point.
> >
> > ​ What I need to be able to do is load the IDE drive via dd, and if
> > the SATA:PATA adapter allows that as if the drive be controlled via a
> > PATA/IDE  interface, I will get one.
> >
> > TIA for any info/advice​
> >
> > --
> > Pete Hardie
> > --------
> > Better Living Through Bitmaps

> Paul Cartwright
> Registered Linux User #367800 and new counter #561587

Pete Hardie
--------
Better Living Through Bitmaps