[ale] Ruby for sysadmins?

Ed Cashin ecashin at noserose.net
Fri Feb 27 11:31:14 EST 2015

Check out an episode of the Ruby Rogues podcast.  They run an ad for
hired.com that says that (from memory) "the average ruby developer
gets an average offer of $130,000 and a hiring bonus of ...".

  http://devchat.tv/ruby-rogues/

Along the way, I got the impression from the conversations there that
there's no shortage of work for ruby programmers.

A few ruby-based technologies that come to mind as currently in demand
are Puppet/Chef, Vagrant, and Ruby on Rails.

The podcast has little to do with ruby, though.  It waxes
philosophical about all kinds of programming related topics.  I like
it.

That said, I get the impression that Python would be a better bet for
career development.

  Ed Cashin <ecashin at noserose.net>