[ale] DRBD - anyone using this?

Scott Plante splante at insightsys.com
Fri Feb 20 15:05:37 EST 2015

We looked at doing something like this with Postgresql a few years ago (drbd/corosync), but ended up using Slony instead.

http://clusterlabs.org/wiki/PostgresHowto

Slony is tricky to set up, but works quite well for us in practice. The native Postgres replication wasn't available at that time (8.4 was latest) but another group is using that now. I'm not directly involved but it's a lot easier than Slony to set up and they like it.

Scitt