[ale] #! is dead

coverturtle coverturtle at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 10:08:11 EST 2015

At first I thought it was the disappearance of a useful shell feature.
I read Philip Newborough's note with a feeling it was a bit too droopy
and sorrowful, hence a spoof on the shell sharp-bang.

Then, clicking on his links at the bottom, I realized he means the
linux distribution.

Thanks for starting this post.  I would not have otherwise realized
that some distros are being abandoned formally.  They usually
seem to die out silently and the absense of activity continues
to be monitored.  Creating a distros has got to be a great learning aid
(I wouldn't really know).   I applaud anyone who starts one
and I hope most of them make improvements that get to be
implemented in other distros.  I think Philip Newborough has
got to be one of these pioneers.  Cudos, Philip.