[ale] #! is dead

Ted W. ted-lists at xy0.org
Sat Feb 7 08:33:40 EST 2015

On 02/07/2015 07:02 AM, DJ-Pfulio wrote:
> http://crunchbang.org/forums/viewtopic.php?id=38916
>
> "I have decided to stop developing CrunchBang. This has not been an easy
> decision to make and I’ve been putting it off for months. It’s hard to let go of
> something you love."
>
> Sniff, sniff.

I remember running #! several years ago and loving it very much. They
had a perfect balance of usability and stability paired with a great
looking interface that was snappy and lightweight. I can only hope that
someone picks up where Philip is leaving off. I see that he's leaving
the forums open to the public but has there been any discussion yet
about the future of the #! OS? Will it die with his departure or is
someone picking up the reigns?

--
Ted W. <ted at xy0.org>