[ale] [OT] Learning C

Scott M. Jones eff at dragoncon.org
Mon Dec 14 12:53:03 EST 2015

I was surprised to find he is using the built-in rules of make rather
than running cc directly on the command line.  In production code I made
a personal rule to never depend on built in rules of make and to put all
rules explicitly in the makefile, but for educational purposes it's
probably OK.  Still, if he's teaching the command line way I'm surprised
he isn't using cc directly from the command line.  I've also seen
systems with cc/gcc installed but no make installed.

-Scott