[ale] [OT] Learning C

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Mon Dec 14 10:54:11 EST 2015

If anyone has already started their journey to learning C with Leam, great!

I worked through the first 8 exercises this morning using the online book -
http://c.learncodethehardway.org/book/

There are many subtle things not covered, but worth knowing.

He writes about makefiles, valgrind and printf() in a "do this, but don't worry
if you don't understand it" way. Perhaps the author will come back later for
deeper explanation? I dunno.

If you get stuck or want more info on something, throw me an email and a 15 min
skype/phone will help you get it.  I can't promise to know all the answers or
even a good answer, but perhaps my experience could be useful?  We could record
the audio and share that with others. Or perhaps there is a short youtube video
that would be helpful?

The same applies to git or any version control system.

And to test driven development - TDD.  Some of the concepts are hard to
understand by reading, but when presented with audio/video, it becomes really
clear and bone-head simple. At least for the major ideas.

I like bonehead simple stuff. ;)