[ale] Ruby vs C, a non-technical chat

DJ-Pfulio DJPfulio at jdpfu.com
Thu Aug 6 13:50:43 EDT 2015

C structs are why X/Windows was workable.

I'm surprised nobody has mentioned RosettaCode.org yet. If you are
interested in programming languages, you own it to take a look at that site.

On 08/06/2015 01:23 PM, Michael Trausch wrote:
> It can be done, in any language.
>
> I have seen truly awful c and c++... But that is because programmers
> never think about the fact that they need to read what they wrote
> later.
>
> A nugget that I don't recall where I got it: program into a language,
> not in it. Then it doesn't matter. C has no objects, but that doesn't
> stop one from using a struct as an object template and another one as
> a vtable...
>
> I can write c, c++, Python, Java, and even ASM, and I try to ensure
> that a non programmer understands what I wrote. Difficult sometimes,
> but a good standard to try to hold myself to.
>
> Sent from my iPad
>
>> On Aug 6, 2015, at 11:42 AM, DJ-Pfulio <djpfulio at jdpfu.com> wrote:
>>
>> I don't have enough desire to learn javascript - all the javascript
>> code I've ever seen looks like spaghetti. It is an ugly language,
>> from what I've seen.

Got Linux? Used on smartphones, tablets, desktop computers, media
centers, and
servers by kids, Moms, Dads, grandparents and IT professionals.