[ale] Ruby vs C, a non-technical chat

Michael Trausch mike at trausch.us
Thu Aug 6 13:23:35 EDT 2015

It can be done, in any language.

I have seen truly awful c and c++... But that is because programmers never think about the fact that they need to read what they wrote later.

A nugget that I don't recall where I got it: program into a language, not in it. Then it doesn't matter. C has no objects, but that doesn't stop one from using a struct as an object template and another one as a vtable...

I can write c, c++, Python, Java, and even ASM, and I try to ensure that a non programmer understands what I wrote. Difficult sometimes, but a good standard to try to hold myself to.

Sent from my iPad