[ale] can't install windows on ST3000DM001

DJ-Pfulio djpfulio at jdpfu.com
Tue Aug 4 06:21:38 EDT 2015

On 08/03/2015 09:26 PM, Paul Cartwright wrote:
> no, this is pretty much the same BIOS menu I have dealt with on all my
> DELL computers... my wife's laptop is windows 8, and it did have a
> different BIOS menu.

Every PC that came with Win8 has UEFI. That was mandated by MSFT.

On my single system with UEFI, "legacy BIOS" is a setting, not "UEFI."

I can't speak for any other distro, but Ubuntu recognizes UEFI and will deal
with the partitioning as needed. Dual boot really does suck.

It has been so long since the OP, I don't remember the details anymore.  The
title is helping - you should still replace that HDD. ;)