[ale] New monitor discussion

Neal Rhodes neal at mnopltd.com
Wed Apr 22 14:42:45 EDT 2015

Without trying to get into an argument, another perspective - a pair of
24" monitors at 1920x1080 generally "just works".   Go beyond that
resolution and you may get into the realm where the onboard graphics
chip won't support it.   Or the drivers won't support it.   Not much fun
if your primary computer is a notebook.    You may want to do a little
bit of research first on your graphics chip and drivers.
Unfortunately, you can't just go by the current setup, because when you
booted up, the video talked to the monitor to see what the monitor could
do.   so, you may find that your current setup won't show you the higher
resolution until you plug in a higher resolution monitor.   Best to go
to the manufacturer's specs.

Also, you gotta go somewhere, you just take one of the 24's; and it's no
big deal.   They tend to be light.

As you can tell, I'm using a pair of 24's and a 17" AOC USB monitor.   I
find multiple monitors just fine.

Neal Rhodes
MNOP Ltd