[ale] recursion

Dylan Northrup ale at doc-x.net
Tue Apr 7 16:38:39 EDT 2015

To make this more explicit, you can print many of the parts of a 3-D
printer with a 3-D printer, but some important parts still need to be
purchased/acquired:
- servos/stepper motors
- anything with electronic circuits (but this is being worked on)
- wires and connectors (similarly being worked on, but relatively easy to
recycle from elsewhere)
- steel supports

For me, I'll be exchanging my money for the time saved by having someone
insure my 3-D printer is working properly when I purchase it.  Currently my
plan is a Printrbot Metal Plus with heated bed and dual extruder.  I'll be
spending a few hundred dollars more than I would if I put more time and
work in myself, but the time saved by having an expert do this for me is
worth it IMO.

That being said, once I have my printer up and working I'll be happy to
print up parts for folks for the cost of materials :-)

On Tue, Apr 7, 2015 at 10:05 AM, Justin Caratzas <bigjust at lambdaphil.es>
wrote:

> https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RepRap_Project
>
> On 4/7/15 9:38 AM, Todor Fassl wrote:
> > Can I print the parts for a 3-D printer with a 3-D printer?

Dylan Northrup
"Adversity is just change we haven't adapted ourselves to yet."
  - Aimee Mullins