[ale] Changing Linux

leam hall leamhall at gmail.com
Fri Sep 26 15:36:01 EDT 2014

On Fri, Sep 26, 2014 at 3:27 PM, Ted W <ted-lists at xy0.org> wrote:

> Since I administer both Linux and BSD systems this all means that I now have
> to get familiar with two different init systems with no option to run
> Systemd on all of them, even if I do end up liking it better which, from
> what I've read so far seems I may end up doing once the political cat fight
> around it calms down somewhat.

This is my main frustration. Besides it just being a bad
implementation of a not too bad idea.

I did look at CoreOS and there is a use for something like systemd
there. But really, by the time you're on something like Core should we
expect a lot of the *nix things to work the same? Times are changing,
I agree. However, I'm not sure it's a change for the better.

Leam

--
Mind on a Mission