[ale] OT: Microsoft Buying Mojang / Minecraft, Will Drop Linux (link added)

Jim Kinney jim.kinney at gmail.com
Mon Sep 15 14:16:19 EDT 2014

heh, heh.

They just can't come out and say, "We will keep Minecraft on Linux because
we lost the war and the desktop is no longer all ours.". Available on "the
PC" and iOS.

So since Mac crap now runs on Intel, doesn't that make it a PC?

Notch is grinning all the way to the bank.

On Mon, Sep 15, 2014 at 1:44 PM, Robert Reese <ale at sixit.com> wrote:

> [Oops. Forgot link.]
>
> http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2014/sept14/09-15news.aspx
>

> Very sad, disturbing news:
>
> Mojang just sold their souls to Microsoft.  The MS press release specifies
> which platforms Microsoft will offer Minecraft on. Linux is missing from
> the list.
>
> How long before advertising starts being added?  In-App Purchases?  Your
> maps taken for their profit?  Mod authors receiving Cease and Desist orders
> for violating Microsoft IP?
>
> Getting "Realms" was on my to-do list.  I'm glad I waited.
>
> The world got a little darker today.
>
> Robert~

James P. Kinney III

Every time you stop a school, you will have to build a jail. What you gain
It won't fatten the dog.
- Speech 11/23/1900 Mark Twain

*http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/
<http://heretothereideas.blogspot.com/>*